As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahau,
Hampshire Mosque is now in the most exciting phase of its history. Last year our community purchased a building in the town of Hadley, a short distance from Amherst. This site provides:
- 8,500 sq. ft. of space
- 30-car parking lot
- Walking distance to UMASS & AmherstCollege campuses
- Bike, pedestrian, & public transport access
- Central location to the Five Colleges and northern Pioneer Valley region
- Direct access to the region’s commercial district and major highways
Donations to Hampshire Mosque are tax-deductable.
We are preparing to renovate the building to be a home for our community. Our plans include:
- 4,500 sq. ft. masjid & community center, with social hall, classrooms, kitchen, facilities for wudu, office for imam, library, and other support space
- 4,000 sq. ft. of commercial space, leased to businesses to provide steady income
- Easy access for disabled individuals
- Sustainable design, to reduce construction & operating costs
Insha’Allah, this new masjid will be a true resource for families & students, youth & the elderly, and local & visitors.